✓ Advantages of Approvals
✓ How you can start using next-gen approvals
✓ Approve on the go!
Atlassian has now implemented one of the most requested features last year: approvals for next-gen projects.
To enable approvals in your instance, go to Project Settings > Request Types and click the Edit Workflow button at the top. Select a status. The sidebar on the right will display an Approvals section where you can add a new approval to this status.
Benefits of Approvals
As in the Classic version, approvals are activated for a status in the workflow, which is used to block the progress of a ticket until the right people have either approved or rejected it. This is done by the new approval function:
- Easier setup and configuration compared to Classic – Approvals can be set-up and configured smoothly in the workflow without needing any pre-requisite fields in place
- ITIL compliance – Approvals are a must-have feature for organisations that require SOC 2 compliance
- Advanced use cases – Supports ITSM practices such as change management
- Seamless flow of work – Integrates key stakeholders into an easy, seamless approval journey without having to go outside the product
- Greater transparency & accountability – Auditing of historic decisions are tracked in-product through the updated approval status in an issue’s activity stream
How you can start using next-gen approvals
Approvals has two main capabilities that help you get tickets approved at speed. Let’s take a look below:
For approvals configuration found in Project Settings > Request Types > Edit Workflow, admin users can:
- Add/edit where approvals belong in your workflow, giving you ultimate flexibility
- Determine who in your company has approval rights (select whether your customers, agents or only admins can choose an approver)
When using approvals in your workflow:
- The approvers panel is now visible within your tickets and within the portal to instantly see the status of your ticket
- You now have the ability to quickly approve or decline a ticket via our new approvals panel
- Keep a close watch on outcome of decisions on the ticket in the issue activity stream
Approve on the go! ✨
Next generation approvals are also available in the Jira mobile application, so you can grant (or deny) approvals even faster and more easily accessible!