✓ Managing multiple issues at once with bulk actions
✓ No more duplicate attachments
✓ Jira loves accessibility
✓ Audit like a pro with our revamped audit log
✓ Access Data Center features on your current Server infrastructure
Managing multiple issues at once with bulk actions
Have you always wanted to select and delete all your issues at once and just go for a coffee? Well, now you can! With the latest bulk actions at the Jira Service Desk, you can manage, maintain and get your queues in order like a pro.
Whether it’s deleting, reassigning, leaving a quick comment, or adding a blocker here and there, you can now do this with a single action for up to 50 operations at once. This will save you a lot of time, which you can use for the afternoon espresso you want. Available for all agents, in all queues, in the one and only Jira Service Desk.
No more duplicate attachments
When customers raise requests over e-mail, the email body is added to the request’s description. This often includes some unwanted media like marketing images, company logos and everything else from the email’s footer. With every new comment or update, these images get duplicated until the request looks like the million dollar homepage, making it difficult to find anything important. Jira Service Desk will now detect and ignore all duplicates, leaving your operations clean and organized.
Atlassian wants every team around the globe to be able to use Jira with the least amount of effort. The new accessibility improvements are the next step towards this goal. Whether your vision is impaired, you can’t really distinguish colors, or you simply believe that blue, azure and sapphire are the same thing, there is now a solution.
This release brings accessibility settings that every user can personalize. Click User Profile > Accessibility. There you can choose from two options: underlined links and unique ticket patterns on issue statuses, which —frankly speaking— look so awesome that the majority of your users are likely to use them, although most can distinguish between green and blue.
Audit like a pro with our revamped audit log
Can audits even be fun to work with? With the revised audit log it certainly can. With the clear, user-friendly interface, you can easily find your way around it, adjust the settings, and filter the events. But as usual, it’s not all about the looks. It’s also what you can do with it. And there is plenty to talk about:
- You are now in control: you can decide which events are logged and how long you want to keep them
- You get full transparency: you can filter the events, expand each for further details, and export the audit log if necessary
- You free up your auditing schedule: by getting an audit log that’s clear and categorized, you don’t need to spend time browsing through piles of events.
- DATA CENTER You have more insight: we’ve added plenty of new events for you to know exactly what’s happening on your instance. The new events are available in the Advanced and Full coverage level
- DATA CENTER You can delegate some tasks: project admins now get access to the audit log for a specific space to monitor what’s going on there
- DATA CENTER You can integrate with 3rd party tools: events are logged to a database and to a file in the local home directory. You can use this file to integrate with SumoLogic, ELK, Amazon CloudWatch and Splunk
Check it out yourself by going to Administration > System > Audit log (Jira Server) or Advanced audit log (Jira Data Center) and experience the new era of auditing.
Access Data Center features on your current Server infrastructure
Data Center was originally designed as a bundled deployment option to help organizations improve application availability and maintain consistent and scalable performance. Since then, additional security, compliance and management features have been added, exclusively for Jira Data Center, many of which are available on a non-clustered architecture: See the full list of features
To facilitate access to these features in your current server infrastructure, new guides have been created to help you deploy Jira Data Center on a single node. In most cases, moving from Jira Server to a non-clustered data center is as easy as updating your license. It also does not depend on your current version of Jira. Learn how it works
Check our Data Center deployment options guide to see if non-clustered architecture is right for your organization.