✓ Revamped Audit log
✓ Dates for future sprints
✓ Jira loves accessibility
✓ Access Data Center features on Server infrastructure
Audit like a Pro with our revamped Audit log
Can working with audit logs be fun? With the newly published Audit log it certainly can. First of all, it’s the way it looks. With the clear, user-friendly interface, you can easily find your way around it, adjust the settings, and filter the events. But as usual, it’s not all about the looks. It’s also what you can do with it. And there is plenty to talk about:
- You are now in control: you can decide which events are logged and how long you want to keep them
- You get full transparency: you can filter the events, expand each for further details, and export the audit log if necessary
- You free up your auditing schedule: by getting an audit log that’s clear and categorized, you don’t need to spend time browsing through piles of events.
- You have more insight: we’ve added plenty of new events for you to know exactly what’s happening on your instance. The new events are available in the Advanced and Full coverage level DATA CENTER
- You can delegate some tasks: project admins now get access to the audit log for a specific space to monitor what’s going on there DATA CENTER
- You can integrate with 3rd party tools: events are logged to a database and to a file in the local home directory. you can use this file to integrate with SumoLogic, ELK, Amazon CloudWatch and Splunk DATA CENTER
Check it out yourself by going to Administration> System > Audit log (Jira Server) or Administration > System > Advanced audit log (Jira Data Center) and experience the new era of auditing.
Up to 10 million records are migrated from your old audit log to the new one.
Dates for future sprints
So far, you were able to plan future work but you could not set specific dates for future sprints. Now it’s changing! Whenever you create a sprint a pop-up opens allowing you to enter dates for this sprint.
Alternatively, you can leave the date fields empty. However, adding dates to your sprint helps plan them better over time.
To make it easier for you to monitor the plans in comparison to the actual start and finish dates of the sprint, they have been included in the sprint reports. In addition, the guidelines for burnup and burndown charts are now based on the actual start date (and not the planned start date, as was previously the case) and the planned completion date of the sprint. This is to ensure that the policy is displayed correctly.
Atlassian wants every team around the globe to be able to use Jira with the least amount of effort. The new accessibility improvements are the next step towards this goal. Whether your vision is impaired, you can’t really distinguish colors, or you simply believe that blue, azure and sapphire are the same thing, there is now a solution.
This version enables accessibility settings that each user can personalize. Click User Profile > Accessibility. There you can choose from two options: underlined links and unique ticket status patterns that, quite frankly, look so fantastic that the majority of your users are likely to use them, although most can distinguish between green and blue.
Access Data Center features on your current Server infrastructure
Data Center was originally designed as a bundled deployment option to help organizations improve application availability and maintain consistent and scalable performance. Since then, additional security, compliance and management features have been added, exclusively for Jira Data Center, many of which are available on a non-clustered architecture: See the full list of features
To facilitate access to these features in your current server infrastructure, new guides have been created to help you deploy Jira Data Center on a single node. In most cases, moving from Jira Server to a non-clustered data center is as easy as updating your license. It also does not depend on your current version of Jira. Learn how it works
Check our Data Center deployment options guide to see if non-clustered architecture is right for your organization.